trouble starting game from origin

by mspiker5

Original Post

trouble starting game from origin

★★★ Newbie

I just  downloaded the Sims 3 Pets from Origin online. I installed it fine and then went to play it and it goes directly to my Sims 3 Mastersuite game, which is the disk I have in my computer. I let the game load, thinking maybe the Pets content was loaded onto the Mastersuite game, but no luck. I tried playing the game without the disk in the computer, but it said I needed a disk to play the game? Which confused me because isn't that the whole point of the download version? I'm really hoping I didn't waste my money. Please help! 

Message 1 of 18 (513 Views)

Re: trouble starting game from origin

★ Pro

Master Suite expansion was released after pets, the game will always load with the screen of the most recent expansion launched. That's why when you load the game, you'll see the Master Suite screen. When in game, go to build mode and chose collections, if the pets icon appears there, then it is installed in your game. In buy mode you can also sort by room, go to the babies room and see if the pets stuff is there. You can also open the lessons window, see if the new pet interactions are there.

Message 2 of 18 (502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no pet stuff available in buy mode. I'm using a family i made while in Master Suite. Is this a problem? Should I try making a new family? Or Maybe I installed it wrong but I'm not sure how to go about re-installing the game from origin. 

Message 3 of 18 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just went to add a new family and there was no option to add pets so I'm certain the content was not installed into the game. 

Message 4 of 18 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Go to C: / Program Files (x86) / Origin Games or C: / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts and see if the Pets expansion pack folder is there, if it is, then open the folder and click on the file that says ''Sims3EP05Setup.exe'' it will launch the installation, just let it run all the way until the end. You'll find the code on Origin on your ''My Games'', just hoover over the Pets expansion pack, a box will a appear with an '' i ''  on it, click on it and it will load the screen with the code for the installation. If the Pets expansion pack folder isn't there, on your Electronic Arts or Origin Games folder, then something went wrong while downloading. Try to download again.

Message 5 of 18 (490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a Mac so how do I get to those files?

Message 6 of 18 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i found a folder for Sims 3 pets that's contained in an Origin folder and in it contains a two files titled 'DR234872200.dat" and "DR234872200.mfst" . 

Message 7 of 18 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And even when I go to uninstall the sims 3 pets it's not an option , only sims 3 and master suite. 

Message 8 of 18 (478 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey there! 

I have a Mac too so I'm going to try to help you.  I looked up the files you pointed out for Pets and I have them too.  I have Pets and it works.  So I don't think that's the issue.  When you try to install from the Origin client do you get any kind of message?  Is the install option there?

Message 9 of 18 (471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's the weird part everthing installed fine. It gives me the option to play it but when I go in the game none of the Pets material is there. And when I go to uninstall the pets expanison pack there's no option to. So i'm not sure what to do... 

Message 10 of 18 (468 Views)