the sims 3 wont install expansions

by HollieVBK

Original Post

the sims 3 wont install expansions

★ Novice

Hi there, So I currently have The Sims 3 installed along with some expansions however I just now purchased four more expansions and redeemed them on Origin for it to tell me to download them, which i did and installed them. It said installation complete for all four of them but they are not in my Electronic Arts Folder or Origin Games Folder, when I go back on the expansions its telling me to download them again, when I do it doesn't download but just says installation complete straight away, I'm confused on how I can fix the problem and have tried changing the directory of where my games are (changing from Origin Games to Electronic Arts) Also my expansions are in Electronic Arts folder and not the Origins Games folder. Yet all the expansions load fine. 

Thanks alot

Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

Re: the sims 3 wont install expansions

Hero (Retired)

Downloads install a little different then disc versions. In Origin the packs can be seen by clicking the TS3 icon and then clicking the small i. Are the packs in the launcher?

Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)

★ Novice

No they aren't highlighted in the launcher like my other expansions but they do have 'new' written in the corner. On the bottom bar in Origin it says they are installed but still asks me to download them every time I click them. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I recommend installing TS3 packs one at a time. Install a pack - run the game. Install the next pack, run the game. Multiple packs at one time tends to cause problems. Are these Steam games? Again digital downloads install differently then disc packs. the installer tells the game where the files are so if you move them the game probably won't find them. Perhaps reading this post will help - TS3 ep/sp manager

Is your game patched to the latest version?

Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)