the sims 3 says that my liscense limit has reached its limit, what do I do?

by harrypotter874

Original Post

the sims 3 says that my liscense limit has reached its limit, what do I do?

★★★★★ Newbie

After I downloaded the sims 3 university life, I tried to play the sims 3 and it said that the liscense limit for the game reached its limit. What do I do?

Message 1 of 7 (430 Views)

Re: the sims 3 says that my liscense limit has reached its limit, what do I do?

EA Staff

@harrypotter874 Please contact an Advisor and they should be able to help out with this:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly select in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next'
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with this!

Message 2 of 7 (427 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@harrypotter874 What version is your game? The latest patch removed the SecuROM limit but you have to have Origin running.

Message 3 of 7 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm not sure what version I have. I had just downloaded the sims 3 to my laptop on Origin, since I had been using the sims 4 for about 1-2 years, and I noticed that the Sims 3 University Life was already payed for. So I downloaded it, but it wouldn't let me play the Sims 3 at all. Thank you for the help though! Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (398 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! That really helps me so much!Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I updated it to the new patch and everything and I still can not play the game. When I look the expansion pack up in Origin it still says that you can buy it for $19.99, it does not say that I already bought it. The Sims 3 University Life was originally on my other computer and it transferred to my origin account on my laptop. Would I have to just buy the expansion pack again since the other one is old?

Message 6 of 7 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@harrypotter874 You shouldn't have to buy it again. Was UNI a digital download or a disc version? Try - open Origin - click Origin in upper left corner - click Reload My Games and see if that works. Does the base game run? Does the TS3 launcher start up? Do you have the code for UNI? Do you have access to the old computer? The code will be in the registry in the old computer.

Message 7 of 7 (370 Views)