Re: the sims 3 monte vista wont open

by katieeveleigh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 3 monte vista wont open

★★★ Newbie

i recently bought the sims 3 monte vista from the gamestop and i am having trouble installing it. the only code that came with the game was a 16 digit code. the game didnt come with the little booklet i usually get with the 21 digit code. also, when i try to play the game it doesnt create a desktop icon making it impossible to play the game..please help Frown

Message 1 of 9 (1,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

monte is a world so there will be no shortcut for it , to see if your world installed correctly when you launch your game go to + new game from the menu see if monte vista shows there

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,072 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

monte is a world so there will be no shortcut for it , to see if your world installed correctly when you launch your game go to + new game from the menu see if monte vista shows there

Message 2 of 9 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks Standard smile do you know if you require a 21 digit code to enter the game?

Message 3 of 9 (1,052 Views)

Hero (Retired)

it's a16 digit code

Message 4 of 9 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the Sims 3 DVD Rom and I can not get it to install on my computer, yes I have the original sims 3 games and pets and hidden Springs  high end loft world adventures and master suits town life stuff all on my computer all ready so there is no reason this one shouldn't load either can you please advise me what to do, I put the game in the DVD player it asks if I want to install it then it says it is installed and it opens up the game launcher and wants the 16 digit code I type it in and then click accept and it doesn't high light the redeem button so I can't click on it to finish....This isn't the first time I have had issues with a Sims game I own all Sims two games and it happened a lot in that I DO NOT have extra money to just throw away on broken games!!

Message 5 of 9 (999 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 6 of 9 (989 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 7 of 9 (988 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Monte Vista today, and when I went to install it it didn't work. It brought me to the menu, asking if I agreed to the terms, and skipped past a slide,  but when I tried to go back, it went back to the main thing. So It did not ask me for the 20 digit code, and then it just quickly said it was installed. But i can not find it in any of my history's and there is no icon on my screen to click on. However whenever I try to redeem it on the sims site, it asks for a 20 digit one also. However monte vista only has 16 digits. So either way, I can't get the game to work even if it did proceed to go through. What is going on here? Why won't it install for me and why does it only have 16 digits  when they ask for 20 each time? This sucks, please help anyone please. Standard smile 

Message 8 of 9 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please answer back to my question at my email [edit: email address removed]

Message 9 of 9 (830 Views)