the sims 3 - can't move out because of a "break in"

by nordinemelie

Original Post

the sims 3 - can't move out because of a "break in"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was playing sims and suddenly a burglar came and the alarm went off and the police came. But then nothing more happend. The alarm kept beeping and the policeman never get out the car and the burglar disappeared. I can still play with my family, but i can't move out or open the town edit-mode. It just says that i have a burglar on the lot. It has now been like this in several "sims" days. What should I do?

(sorry for the bad spelling, i'm not English speaking) 

Message 2 of 4 (2,736 Views)

the sims 3 - Can't do anything because of a "break in"

★★★ Newbie

I was playing sims and suddenly a burglar came and the alarm went off and the police came. But then nothing more happend. The alarm kept beeping and the policeman never get out the car and the burglar disappeared. I can still play with my family, but i can't move out or open the town edit-mode. It just says that i have a burglar on the lot. It has now been like this in several days. What should I do?

(sorry for the bad spelling, i'm not English speaking) 

Message 1 of 4 (2,744 Views)

Re: the sims 3 - can't move out because of a "break in"

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting all sims in your town.

Maybe that helps resolving the situation.

To do so

1. Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  2. Type resetsims * (not the star in the end it's important)

EDIT: Also merged your threads. Please keep to one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,720 Views)

Re: the sims 3 - Can't do anything because of a "break in"

Hero (Retired)

Look here: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120528161324AA0omaT

There's a cheat ( alwaysAllowBuildBuy on ) that you can use to access build/buy mode while being robbed (source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Burglar

Message 4 of 4 (2,720 Views)