Re: store items turn off extension packs

by roberta591

Original Post

store items turn off extension packs

★ Novice

ive had a problem with my downloadable store items whenever theyre instaled they tur off my extension packs and when i turn them on it uninstals the store items

Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AnnaMDHood  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag   What is the version of your game - lower left in the launcher?

Message 2 of 6 (392 Views)

★ Novice

I have a PC and attached the DxDiag and my verson is 1.69.43.024017

Message 3 of 6 (389 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AnnaMDHood  The cpu really doesn't meet minimum requirements with a clock of 1.6 Ghz. Ideally you want to play the game w/o boost and only want the computer to use boost when needed. The minimum requirement for the game is 2.4 Ghz or equivalent cpu.  Max turbo is 2.6 Ghz. The video drivers for the GT 740M look a little out of date. Make sure the game is using the GT 740M when running the game. It looks like your notebook has a touch screen. This uses a lot of computer system resources. I'm not sure but I think when the game starts up, the game checks your computer's specs and may trim the game down to a point the game will run and with the processor being below minimum specs could affect game setup. I am not sure on this but this seems to be a symptom of below spec computers.

Message 4 of 6 (383 Views)

★ Novice

Thaks but the thing is I had sims installed before and back then it would let me have everything on now after reinstalling sims it doesnt let me

Message 5 of 6 (381 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AnnaMDHood  I started seeing posts about this issue in the last couple of years (I really don't remember exactly) so it's something relatively new. It could have started as long ago as 2012 when the DRM changed.  When you install (or reinstall) you have to install with Origin as the DRM that the game was released with is no longer supported by the new operating systems. The problem is you are trying to install from disc (which may or may not work) or trying to install from an old game with out of date downloads OR your computer does not meet minimum requirements. For your computer to operate at the minimum speed requirement for this game the cpu needs to run almost at full turbo and that may lead to overheating and the cpu will slow down to protect itself. You can see the cpu is rated by Intel at 1.6 Ghz which is below the minimum requirement. Your computer needs some benchmarks to list how the computer performs while playing games.

Message 6 of 6 (368 Views)