sims3launcher has stopped working

by Blue745

Original Post

sims3launcher has stopped working

★★★★★ Newbie

hello, on thursdy last week I got a new computer, and so I've had to do alot of updates and so on and fourth. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Sims 3 Starter Pack (sims 3 base + late night & high end loft)  from origin. When I clicked play the launcher would appear and say it was updating. The launcher then disappeared and came up with the message sims3launcher has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed them 3 times, but everytime this has happened. Nothing seems to work, I downloaded the super patcher and patched it manually - that didn't work. I tried playing it from the file path using TS3.exe and TS3W.exe but they just take me to origin, then when I click on the sims and press play the same error message comes up. It is starting to annoy me because I just want to play the Sims 3 in peace, but nobody's solutions seem to work for me. Below I'll post my PC specs. Please if you know how to fix this please help me!

=====================

Computer Specifications

=====================

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Language: English

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: H81M-H

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Page File: 4335MB used, 28222MB available

DirextX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card: NVIDEA GeForce GTX 760

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approx. Total Memory: 4038MG

Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)

Re: sims3launcher has stopped working

Hero

Are you're graphics drivers updated ? Did you try starting the game through the Nvidia experience ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (146 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My graphics drivers are all up to date and even whenI launch it from Nvidea experience  it still gives the error message when it is updated.

Message 3 of 4 (136 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)