sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

by jessiebrie

Original Post

sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

★★ Novice

please help I'm getting upset when i open sims 3 the welcome page is complete blue the downloads to game updates work fine but when i go to the welcome page its blank i can play the game fine but i cant log in and when i hit forgot password it comes up with an error. http 500 internal server error i tried it figure it out on my own because my dads asleep and I'm only 16 and terrible with fixing errors. i have two more games to download (Monte vista and dragon valley) but these go back to the logging in problem I put my email and password in and hit login and it just blink back with my info and does not go any further. in able to log in fine to thesims3.com and origin.com but not in the launcher or inside the game. if I'm not able to fix it ill just have to wait till my dad can tomorrow.....sigh Devil Disappointed hope something works Fingers crossed

Message 1 of 38 (7,373 Views)

Re: sims3 launcher welcome page is blue and cant log in

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem for a couple of days now, as have a bunch of other people on the site. This is something on EA or Origins end, there is probably nothing that we could do that would fix it. Frown

Message 2 of 38 (7,325 Views)

★ Novice

My page isn't blue, it's showing there's an http problem on the website, but I can't log in.  Glad to hear it's just not my game.

Message 3 of 38 (7,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Mine is saying that there is a server error

Message 4 of 38 (7,296 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same problem for several days. Does anyone know if EA has a solution? I have some new store purchases I want to download Frown Sorry to hear about everyone else that is having trouble as well

Message 5 of 38 (7,232 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm So glad I've found this thread and aren't  the only one I just bought some new stuff and I've tried everything to install it all other forums are saying to reset IE etc. uninstall etc. but it does not seem to work. Do we know if they are fixing it! I was in the middle of making an arcade pier and I just bought the ticket thingy and I cant install it luckily all my other content is saved on a USB stick so I can get to them but not the ticket thing and my cow plant!

Message 6 of 38 (7,095 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@magicxxmelodyxx @jessiebrie @Joliedot @SpiceWolfLover @dvzele2 The downloading issue is known and being worked on. You should be able to log in to thesims3.com. The blank welcome screen and the http error is a cookie problem. When the web site is restarted it invalidates the last cookie stored in the IE (internet explorer) and the existing cookie in your browsing history causes an error. The program uses IE to communicate (don't know about the mac version) so you have to clear the cookie. The simple way is to open IE and clear/delete the browsing history - ok and reboot. This should clear the cookie and should aoolow you to log in to the web site. This will not solve the download issue. I believe you can download in game but reaction is slow so be patient.

hth

Message 7 of 38 (7,085 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried clearing my IE but it didn't work and it wont even allow me to download ingame I pretty sure my sisters is working fine tho so I may save the files on her PC and transfer them over x

Message 8 of 38 (7,069 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@magicxxmelodyxx IDK what is happening but the site seems to be partially down right now at the moment. It seems that the my page server is off line because I can't get to the my page. You and myself will just have to wait until they fix it.

Message 9 of 38 (7,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 Yea I thought so, the site was being abit funny when I was on it. It seems to be working fine again now will log in and the welcome page is back to normal thansks very much ive backed up my new stuff to my store content folder now so if it happens agin I should be fine I'm just happy I  can finally use it!

Message 10 of 38 (7,049 Views)