sims 3 problem with expansions and origin.

by xwinterstar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 problem with expansions and origin.

★★ Novice

I have sims 3 and a few expansions. The base game works. The expansion packs say they are installed on Origin. I have repaired the game. I have cleared the cache in origin. My expansion packs do not load when I play sims 3. Only the base game plays. I have a PC. I am running windows 8.

Message 1 of 6 (384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 problem with expansions and origin.

Hero

Are they ticked in the expansion pack manager in the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (405 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are they ticked in the expansion pack manager in the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (406 Views)

★★ Novice

That was it, Crin. I found it out before checking your reply. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (341 Views)

★ Novice

What if they are not shown on "Expansions and Stuff"? They are marked as "installed" in Origin, though.

Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

★★ Novice

MY ORIGIN SETUP DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING IT'S A BLACK VOID nO GAMES, EXPANSIONSOR ANY USEFUL INFORMATION.

Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. What I did was open the old launcher for sims 3. I did this by clicking on the sims 3 icon on the desktop and it came up.

(This should look like the blue/purple-ish/whatever your eyes see color as) box, with the large play button on it, and that also lets you sign in to your EA account before Origin became the main game launcher.

When you go to this box and click on Expansions, it will have all of your expansions listed and their boxes (for me) weren't checked off. This was my error. I did not  have them all checked off before launching the game in Origin. Once I went through my list of expansions, and checked them all, I launched the game and they were all included in the base game. 

Message 6 of 6 (300 Views)