Re: sims 3 pets completely black

by roberta591

Original Post

★ Novice
I've spent the majority of my day trying to figure out the same problem. This is updated to Windows 10 do first you need to go to your device manager (Control Panel, search device manager) go the drivers and update everything that has driver in the title to the newest available version. Restart your computer then start the game and your pets should be back to normal <3 Hope I could help!
Message 11 of 16 (1,447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have y sims 3 graphics on the highest settings with out problems and it runs quickly and I still have problems with the pets. Should I try turning down my edge smoothing possibly?

Message 12 of 16 (1,402 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hanawalt  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag

Message 13 of 16 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Forester0001 Is your computer a pc or mac?  Older Intel integrated graphics chips have issues with PETS. This may be a driver issue but Intel doesn't issues driver updates as often as Nvidia and ATI (AMD) if at all. Intel drivers are stable and work very well but don't support gaming code very well. Integrated graphics chips do not make good gaming chips as they have no real dedicated memory. Edge smoothing control the anti aliasing setting and while it will effect performance that setting should not affect how something is basically displayed.

If you computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag. link is in a previous post in this thread.

Message 14 of 16 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just got this computer a few days ago and its doing the same thing and i don't understand why, i have an older computer that it all worked fine on but im unsure of what to do at this point.

Message 15 of 16 (1,172 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mckenzieann16  The new computer (Acer) is below required specification. The processor is weak. Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with PETS. IMO the resolution of 1366 x 768 is a non standard resolution that doesn't seem to scale properly. That is as high as the resolution without adding hardware to the motherboard. You have updates that did not complete.

BTW - Acer owns Gateway, Packard Bell, eMachines. I have a Gateway laptop power brick but I don't have a Gateway laptop and I don't remember ever having a Gateway laptop. A Gateway desktop (my daughter's) came in that wouldn't boot that had bulging capacitors on the motherboard. Memories (nightmares) of my Windows cell phone came to mind.

Message 16 of 16 (1,156 Views)