sims 3 pets completely black

by rensucks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 pets completely black

★★★ Newbie

I haven't been able to find a post with any information on how to fix the solution, as most of the people's computers didn't reach the minimum requirements. I'm unsure if I've got a computer with needed specs so I grabbed a dxdiag to post here and wait for further instructions!

My main issue, as stated above, is that my dogs and cats are both fully black, but the eyes are normal. The horses are also suffering from this and I have tried a few things to fix it but nothing has worked so far. I do have cc installed, but I did uninstall everything and try the game without the cc, but that didn't make a difference. I've tried removing the cc + all my other expansions, but to no avail. Finally, today, I tried reinstalling the eps, then when that didn't work the game itself, then finally origin itself. None of the above worked for me. I have run the game with functioning pets before on this computer, and on an older, less beefy laptop that can't run most games this computer can, but after installing some updates, and clearing the computer once, the ep no longer functions correctly. If somebody could get back to me asap with suggestions that'd be wonderful! 

P.S. There might be more than necessary in the dxdiag, because there were extras aside from what was in the dxdiag instructions, so I didn't know if they were needed. Disappointed

Message 1 of 16 (7,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 pets completely black

Hero (Retired)

@rensucks The Celeron N3050 is a very weak Intel processor with the graphics on the same chip. The graphics are names Intel HD graphics which is known to have problems with TS3. PETS is very demanding and although the dxdiag shows dedicated video memory this memory is completely borrowed from main memory which is below minimum requirements. Your computer is very weak for gaming and yes the computer may run the game there is no guarantee that the game will comtinue to run the game and may stop at any time.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (9,830 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@rensucks The Celeron N3050 is a very weak Intel processor with the graphics on the same chip. The graphics are names Intel HD graphics which is known to have problems with TS3. PETS is very demanding and although the dxdiag shows dedicated video memory this memory is completely borrowed from main memory which is below minimum requirements. Your computer is very weak for gaming and yes the computer may run the game there is no guarantee that the game will comtinue to run the game and may stop at any time.

Message 2 of 16 (9,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my pets are doing the same thing what should I do

Message 3 of 16 (7,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a dell laptop that is brand new and is doing the same

Message 4 of 16 (7,742 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@432496107 @abbigailbearcub This is a typical problem that is caused by an integrated Intel graphics chip that is below the minimum requirement.

Message 5 of 16 (7,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So what do we do is there a way we can fix it to where we don't have to get a better pc or software
Message 6 of 16 (7,717 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@abbigailbearcub You can check which version of Intel HD Graphics you have and see if it is supported by the game. For some reason Intel calls many integrated graphics Intel HD Graphics and you have to research by chipset of cpu. Intel is known not to be gamer friendly and Intel is known not to release driver updates in a timely manner. Unfortunately this is a hardware problem and as integrated graphics are part of the computer and if available graphics drivers don't fix the issue it's time to contact the manufacturer for support. These computers are usually good student/business/media computers but perform poorly for the 3D graphical games.

Message 7 of 16 (7,710 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an acer computer, would that be the problem?

Message 8 of 16 (7,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@FishesLily  Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  Thank you

Message 9 of 16 (7,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine arnt working eather I have a windows 10 and it was working fine yesterday then today it decided to do it Frown
Message 10 of 16 (7,523 Views)