sims 3 launcher works but game does not actually play

by lalalauer

Original Post

sims 3 launcher works but game does not actually play

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday, I downloaded origin and purchased the sims 3 deluxe. That game played normally and so i decided to buy the sims 3 university life. The game warned me an update might be necessary since the sims 3 version was more updated than expected/it was a higher version of sims 3 than expected. I didn't think it would be a problem since there would obviously be updates. After it dowloaded and installed, i launched the game. There was an update available so updated it. When I hit play on the launcher, the blue screen of sims pops up for 1-2 seconds then just quits. Now, each time I try to launch the game it again tells me there is an update. I have tried to ignore the update and have hit play onlu to have the same thing happen of the blue screen to flash for a second or two. 

My running version is 18.0.126.019017. I have a mac book so I knew there might be problems. I have looked at patches but none of them seem to be related to my issue. 

Do I have to uninstall everything? Please help! I am not that good with tech stuff. Thanks!! 

Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Re: sims 3 launcher works but game does not actually play

★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled the game, does re-installing help?

Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)