Re: sims 3 keeps crashing after installation of Island Paradise

by Typhonis707

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 keeps crashing after installation of Island Paradise

★★★★ Novice

My Sims 3 game was working perfectly last night; never had a problem with it. But then, I bought and installed Island Paradise today and it stopped working completely. It starts up, goes to the 1st loading screen, then immediately crashes before it even loads past the length of your fingernail. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it various times, but it doesn't work. I've looked up a few other ways to try and fix this problem, but nothing seems to help. Even if I uninstall the expansion, the main game gets an error and won't even load the launcher. I've spent a good amount of money on this game and several expansions (Supernatural, Pets, Seasons, and now Island Paradise) and it's really frustrating that I can't play the game I've paid for. I've attached the DxDiag from my comp (since I've seen other threads stating they're necessary to help. Can anyone help me? I'd really love to play the game I bought, but if I can't get it fixed, who do I contact to get my money back?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (258 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I bought the games through Steam so, I don't have an Origin account. But I was messing around with the game most of last night and I found that if I don't skip the intro scene, it works. Thank you though. I'll be sure to keep that in mind about my video drivers if I have any more problems with it in the future.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Typhonis707

First, right click and repair the game in Origin. Retry after that process completes.

If you continue to see the game crash then try updating your video drivers as there were video driver related issues in your Dxdiag report.

Let us know if these steps help you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (239 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought the games through Steam so, I don't have an Origin account. But I was messing around with the game most of last night and I found that if I don't skip the intro scene, it works. Thank you though. I'll be sure to keep that in mind about my video drivers if I have any more problems with it in the future.

Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)