sims 3 installed content not showing up in game

by kykatie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 installed content not showing up in game

★★★ Novice

I'm currently running on a Mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro with OS Sierra version 10.12.5.  I previously bought store content such as Monte Vista, Aurora Skies, and other sets from the store and everything appeared in game.  However, I recently downloaded other worlds created by users, and now, after downloading those sims 3 pack files, none of my cc shows up at all.  I've tried deleting cache files, checking and unchecking the "run without cc" box, and removing my DCCache and DCBackup folders, but nothing is working at all.  Please help, I can't contact Origin, and I'm fed up with the things I pay lots of money for not working.

Message 1 of 2 (948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 installed content not showing up in game

@kykatie

Downloading any user created worlds/lots/sims is at your own risk as it may contain CC which can destabilise the game. Move the whole Sims 3 > Downloads folder to the desktop then try running your game. Once it's launching ok and the folder has been regenerated download and install the EA worlds one by one, launching the game after each one to test it is still working.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,033 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims 3 installed content not showing up in game

@kykatie

Downloading any user created worlds/lots/sims is at your own risk as it may contain CC which can destabilise the game. Move the whole Sims 3 > Downloads folder to the desktop then try running your game. Once it's launching ok and the folder has been regenerated download and install the EA worlds one by one, launching the game after each one to test it is still working.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (1,034 Views)