sims 3 graphics and registration[Mac]

by janew22

Original Post

sims 3 graphics and registration[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i just downloaded the sims 3 from the website. i'm not exactly a gamer or very techy so it might be a simple issue. however it won't let me register my game/sign in - on this page -->  https://www.thesims3.com/register.html?_page5=true&authToken=TkLKUOG47STRt8hDeGuDOEH3N72xVy78ygTJXuE...

also the graphics aren't exactly working straight, i couldn't set up my second player without the graphics going in and out. also since the last time i played the sims was ten years ago and with a PC it looks like i'm probably entering the cheats incorrectly. any advice out there? 

i'm using a mac powerbook that i bought this year so i should be totally up to date to use the program. or maybe sims 3 is too old? did i just waste my money?

@Bluebellflora   please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 5 (132 Views)

Re: sims 3 graphics and registration[Mac]

@janew22

Which Mac do you have (it's not a PowerBook hopefully, they were discontinued 10 years ago Standard smile ) Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

You are probably suffering from the incompatible graphics issue because yes, your Mac is newer than the game. Do you just have the base game or some EPs and SPs installed too?

Where did you download the game from ?

To open the cheat console hold down CTRL, Shift and C.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for replying! btw, i had to search my own name to find my question again. is there a better way?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I downloaded the sims from the website, so i figured it would just assign me what i needed...? if that makes sense lol. 

Message 3 of 5 (120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded the starter pack, it was cheaper than getting sims 4. its on the website for 19.99 and i think it has some extension packs with it. i think in the email i got it said it wasn't compatible. i did try to use cmd+shift+C for cheats and pressing enter but maybe its because the graphics were screwing up anyway. 

Message 4 of 5 (118 Views)

@janew22

The cheat console is CTRL, shift and C, not the CMD key.

Unfortunately it's not compatible because of your graphics card, the Intel Iris Pro. A fix has been found, it involves editing a couple of the game files. It's working for most people but some are still struggling. Definitely worth a go though.

When you reply to this message, next to the Subject field you should see a little box titled Subscriptions. Tick the box so you get an email when someone replies. You should be able to see your post in the forum too.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (109 Views)