Re: sims 3 does not work with windows 8

by lovelyboosa

Original Post

sims 3 does not work with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

i have windows 8 and sims 3 will not run plase fix with a update as soon as possiable

Message 1 of 9 (6,755 Views)

Hero

Are you updated to the latest patch ? What symptoms are you seeing ? Have you tried compatibility mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (6,685 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem - it won't allow me to open Origin or Sims Launcher, so I can't update it. Please help

Message 3 of 9 (6,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

im having the same issue. i ended up uninstalling my base game and reinstalling and that fixed my game launcher not opening issue. (otherwise download a manual patch online) but now im having problems inside the launcher itself. it will not install my custom content and when i click the play button it closes the launcher like its opening the game but the game never opens. im shattered about it! i hope someone finds a solution.

Message 4 of 9 (6,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a different problem. 

Just bought a new computer with windows 8 Pro 64bit version. installed all the games and patched to 1.42, 

the game loads into a world, but as soon as i try to enter into gameplay of a family it shuts down. I ve tried with compatibility mode on or off and it STILL DOESNT WORK. ive got all exp packs up to supernatural.

Message 5 of 9 (6,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you post here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607825.page ?

Please answer the questions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (6,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the Sims 3 just in the last few weeks with the Humble Origin bundle.  It does not work on windows 8 at all.  EA needs to fix this.  The game immediately crashes as soon as a family is chosen and the gameplay is about to begin.  Every time.  This is with the latest version, latest drivers etc.

My PC:

i5 3470k

16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 ram

120 GB SSD

2 x 1 TB HDDs

GTX 760 OC edition (EVGA)

Windows 8 64 bit

Message 7 of 9 (2,066 Views)

Hero

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,059 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 8 and mine works fine it may be your internet, or your processor my other computer did have one problem where it would freeze and the rain would keep going like I paused it but I hadn't though...

Message 9 of 9 (2,056 Views)