sims 3 code won't work

by ChevyJones13

Original Post

sims 3 code won't work

★★★ Newbie

We have Sims 3 installed on our computer and we use only one Origin account for the game. When we try to register the game on thesims3.com, it says that the product code is invalid. I've tried to contact EA games to get help but it only leads me to a online chat support and I never get connected with representative.

I know SIms 3 is an old game at this point but we would really like some help. We still have the original codes that came with our game (Sims Starter Pack) that we bought NEW at WalMart.

Can anyone help?  I've heard that when you get the game you should register it with thesims3.com website first and then register it with Origin...is that what our problem is?

Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: sims 3 code won't work

★★★ Expert

@ChevyJones13 Moved to the Sims 3 forum.

Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: sims 3 code won't work

Hero (Retired)

@ChevyJones13 Actually Origin is the controlling agent. Did you try to redeem the code in Origin? If you don't have Origin installed you can download the Origin installer and run Origin and create an account. Then redeem your code and get the game icon to appear in Origin. the thesims3.com account should (maybe) be created automatically with the same log in and password as Origin. Before Origin thesims3.com gave you access to the sims 3 store but today Origin is required to play the game.

hth

Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)