sims 3 and origina problems.

by sailorssiren

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 and origina problems.

★★ Novice

pretty much nothing is working right now and im getting very frustrated. i just bought a bunch of expansion packs for the sims 3. either they wont dowbload or when one does download it wont install no matter how many times i click install. one gives me the option to play but then when i click on play it takes me to the game screen and says that i have to insert a disc of a previously installed game. it also says there is a game update available but every time i try to update it says it cant connect with origin even though im signed in already. origin keeps crashing. nothing is working. 

Message 1 of 12 (308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 and origina problems.

★★ Novice

it was solved. your answer helped for getting the program back up and running. when it gave me that error message i just pressed "repair game" in the "my games" tab. it redownloaded the game and repaired whatever wasnt working so it could be installed. thank you. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (257 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

are you using Mac or PC? If PC do not donwload anything using internet explorer because of their security. use firefox.

If you have Bitdefender antivirus the game wont work you would need to remove bitdefender.

Do you have Origin Client installed? If you dont download that here. This is for PC If you need mac scroll down to the mac link

https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

If you already installed Origin Client and are getting that error can not connect to origin. Manually remove origin and redownload usining firefox and hopefully this fixes your issue

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Do you own the base game? Expantion packs will not play without the base game. If you have the base game. Base game needs to be downloaded first and patched to 1.67 and then add expantion packs.

Message 2 of 12 (303 Views)

★★ Novice

im not downloading from any internet page im downloading it on the origin app on my pc. and even after its downloaded it wont install. 

is there anyway to get the game to play without using a previous disc? it seems kind of obserd. 

i own the first game, i also own the discs for 70's stuff and supernatural. i just bought like 6 extra expansion packs during the sale. i wil try and download firefox and see if i can redownload origina through that. 

Message 3 of 12 (299 Views)

★★★ Pro

I will tell you it is much better to use all downloads with origin rather tthan using disc or a mixture of disc and download.

You would have to remove the game Manually off your computer to get rid of the CD versions and start from scratch using all downloads. Should you want to do this, here is how to manual uninstall. http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Then you can download origin using firefox, add the base game make sure it patches to 1.67 and then add ep's. You dont need to install download ep's in order all that is required is the base game is patches.

In the end this is much better. I use all downloads.

Message 4 of 12 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

ok but does that mean i have to repurchase all my previous games??? 

i just moved to japan i havnt played my games in a while and im not even sure where my cases are located to get my game key. 

Message 5 of 12 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

No you dont need to rebuy your games. Once you download origin and remove disc verions you have free downloads . Did you register your discs with the sims 3 web?

Message 6 of 12 (286 Views)

★★ Novice

oh ok. so i just need to uninstall all the games? i reinstalled origin and it seems to be working now. when i uninstall all the games then what do i do? just re install?

Message 7 of 12 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Log into origin client at desktop, use same email and passwrod you use on the sims 3 web. make sure your download versions are in mygames before uninstalling your disc verisons. Once you uninstall the disc verison , download the base game first. Make sure it patches to 1.67. If it does not use the superpatcher. http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher/ than you can add the ep's in any order you want.

Message 8 of 12 (281 Views)

★★ Novice

when i tried installing one of the games it wont install. it gives me an error message :

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)

PAPP:

PGUID:

S15.0.0.498

@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)

IE Version: 9.11.9600.17126

Message 9 of 12 (269 Views)

Hero

@sailorssiren Is your issue solved or not (you did mark it as such). If it's not, you can revoke the solution by clicking on the options menu on the post that marked as solution and choose Not the solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (258 Views)