sims 3 and .net framework 3.5

by miahyfr

Original Post

sims 3 and .net framework 3.5

★ Novice

aye, so I bought and downloaded the sims 3 and when i tried to install it, it told me my internet connection was messed up. I knew it wasnt because I was going on the internet on my phone and going on google chrome on my laptop. I googled every possible solution and have attempted them but i still am unable to install sims 3 because of .Net Framework 3.5 and it says I need to download it, but when I choose to download it, it tells me i can't and i dont know why. I've turned on the .net framework 3.5 under "turn windows features on or off" I have done nearly everything.

Message 1 of 11 (30,745 Views)

Re: sims 3 and .net framework 3.5

Community Manager

If you have an issue downloading and installing .Net Framework 3.5 from the following link then do post any error message you see.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-IE/download/details.aspx?id=21

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (30,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lol ea anwser...

the graal is here : https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/08/28/net-framework-cleanup-tool-users-guide/

@EA_Barry wrote:

If you have an issue downloading and installing .Net Framework 3.5 from the following link then do post any error message you see.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-IE/download/details.aspx?id=21

Message 3 of 11 (29,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has any one had the issue where you have Net Frame work 3.5 but the games says you don't???

Message 4 of 11 (27,585 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BBarcomb95 A guess that can cause that message - first did you reboot after you installed .NET Framework. Second Windows 10 does not like it when you download and install .NET Framework, .NET Framework needs to be enabled with the included version. 

Message 5 of 11 (27,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@miahyfr Are you trying to download Sims 3 for Android? Are you using your phone as a hot spot or connecting to the phone with a usb cable? You do not need .NET Framework 3.5 to download and install The Sims 3. The game should download and install without it. Your cell company might be using a proxy to connect you to the internet. Your connection might be getting too many errors. You can open Origin, click Origin in the upper left, click application settings, click diagnostics, turn on Safe Mode downloading. This will enable error checking during the downloading. .NET Framework is needed to run the game. Windows 10 needs to have the included version enabled - prior versions of Windows need .NET Framework to be downloaded and installed. The computer needs to be rebooted after .NET Framework is enabled or installed.

Message 6 of 11 (27,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have installed that game but when i pres play it says that a nap on my pc needs following windows features and it has 2 opitons install or skipp but it doesnt lett me to installed that feauture what do i do now

Message 7 of 11 (23,320 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dem201  If you have windows 10 you need to enable .framework 3.5 in control panel -applications and features - turn windows features on or off. If you have Windows 7 you probably have to download it from Microsoft and install it.

Message 8 of 11 (23,280 Views)

★ Novice

Alright guys so... I had this problem recently, but omg this resolved it after a day of going back and forth to no avail.

turns out you may have switched your windows update off in settings. The framework could therefore not be downloaded because I had my windows update service switched off. I turned it back onto automatic and it worked!

Message 9 of 11 (21,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you have another game like Spore that requires a newer .NET framework, it may be because you already have a newer version and it can't installl. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Message 10 of 11 (20,446 Views)