sending house/lot to the game launcher

by bmit04

Original Post

Re: sending house/lot to the game launcher

★★★★ Apprentice

I downloaded the Sims 3 plus seasons from Origin.  When I tried to register the Sims 3 game, the code I was given wouldn't work, so I assumed the game was automatically registered and skipped that part.  Is the game automatically registered, being it's a download and could that be why I can't export files to the launcher?  I do download things from the Exchange and most of the time I am able to install them.  I turned off my firewall and tried that.    I've tried at all different times of the day, I've changed the name and tried a Sim.  Any ideas????

Message 11 of 38 (260 Views)

Hero

I rarely recommend to reinstall the game (mostly when people have already tried and it didn't uninstall properly). 

What I do recommend often is to rename the user folder in documents\electronicarts from thesims3 to thesims3_old. Then start the game. A brand new folder will be created. All your stuff will be gone from your game, the savegames, cc all but the actual game content. Not to worry, it's all still in the old one if you rename and don't delete)

Then go back to your game and build something simple (maybe even just 4 walls, then try exporting that. If that works, try something a bit more complicated. If that still works, put your old save games back (just those and do keep a copy in that renamed folder) and try to export the one you have tried before.

Then report back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have also problems uploading houses, which stinks.  I was told it is on their end.

Message 13 of 38 (256 Views)

Hero

Yes, but this person has problems exporting the house in the first place. It's not really the uploading here that's the issue cause they don't even get that far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 38 (254 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay.  So I have learned what I assumed about Origin is that the games are automatically registered so that can't be it.  After purchasing the Sims 3 with seasons, I borrowed my friends expansion packs and used those with the understanding I would buy my own one at a time when I would afford it.  So technically I am using content from games I don't technically have.  Could that be it?

Message 15 of 38 (253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, somehow I missed this reply.  I will give this idea a try.  I did go ahead and uninstall all the borrowed games from my friend.  Since the sale was on, I purchased all those games thru Origin.  Still couldn't export the file.  Did also then try to create a Sim after the new games.  failed share again.  I will get back to you.  ThanX

Message 16 of 38 (245 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good news!  It worked (I bet you knew it would)  So I built four walls, export successful.  Deleted that built a foundation with four walls, adding stairs and a kitchen.  Export successful.  Added furniture.  Export successful.  Now for a dumb question.  How do I get the old saved game back?  Do I go sims3_new?

Message 17 of 38 (242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My original game is lost.  I did rename the files as advised on here but no matter what I did, my old game would not restore.  Accidentally I have deleted the back up file.  I am assuming the cause of the file not exporting was custom content then?  And since I have lost all my downloads as well, I truly am starting fresh.  How would I have found out which custom content was the cause?

Message 18 of 38 (236 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Somehow I managed to find a file from about a week ago that has restored.  So I am back playing my original game.  The house still won't export.  What do you suggest next?

Message 19 of 38 (234 Views)

Hero

If you just move the savegames from thesims3_old to the new folder they should show up. If you're playing in world that did not come with either base game or EP, you will need to reinstall the world though.

--

Seems to me that it's something about that savegame that prevents you from exporting the house the bin. Have you tried exporting a different house from that savegame yet (not sure what we tried, too many similar threads) or build a simple house in that savegame and try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 38 (227 Views)