"the sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected" error message

by boogboogboog

Original Post

"the sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected" error message

★★★ Newbie

Just bought and downloaded WA for Sims 3.  Upon trying to install WA, I receive the error message that "the sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected."  I continued, and the install stopped at file 6 (of 5 hundred something).  

I'm not a big computer person, and I'm having trouble even updating the base game (I thought I'd succeeded in updating it, but now it says I need to update again.  After downloading the update, I'm not sure how to actually install it).  I'm running Lion on a Mac.

I've read a bunch of forums, and it seems the only solution people have come up with is to completely un- then re-install everything.  Honestly, I'm not even sure how to do that.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with the lack of support from EA.  And what does "more recent than expected" even mean--seems like a pretty dumb error message.  Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated--and please outline steps in detail.

Message 1 of 2 (997 Views)

Re: "the sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected" error message

★★★ Newbie

i opened The sims 3 base game n the launcher pops up with a message saying an update is available, so im gonna update n c if it does anything, ill let u know if it solves d problem

Message 2 of 2 (790 Views)