"Sims 3 has stopped working"

by nisadi

Original Post

Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working"

★★★ Newbie
So you say that there is a problem in the software from Late Night Expansion pack and that that is the reason it is actibg all weird
Message 21 of 33 (2,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

missing files

Message 22 of 33 (2,750 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Jheeze this problem STILL persists is there a fix yet?

Message 23 of 33 (2,523 Views)

★ Novice

Ive been having this problem for months now I deleted a heck load of custom content and it worked fine for a while and then started doing it again
Ive done file and disk clean ups deleted stuff from the launcher i deleted other games and my nexon launcher etc and it still wont work Teeth bared
Anyone ever actually find a way to fix this???

Message 24 of 33 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me and I'm pissed because this shouldn't even be happening and I paid A LOT of money for these games and I can't play them either Frown

Message 25 of 33 (2,314 Views)

Hero

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

If nothing helps, it's best if you start your own thread, providing the info asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 33 (2,306 Views)

★ Novice

I actually managed to fix mine, I think it might of just been the save file, i made a new one and it seemed to work fine, but you could try copying the save to see if it still doesnt work, I also deleted some CC (I dont think we realise how much we have cluttered up). It really helped, and it runs better now.

Message 27 of 33 (2,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM EVERYTIME I PLAY MY SIMS 3 GAME  IT SAYS MY SIMS 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING ... 

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY SOLUTION PLEASE!! I TRIED EVERYTHING UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING THE GAME AND NOTHING HAPPENS 

THANK YOU 

SINCERELY YOU'RE BLANCA SANCHEZ !!!

Message 28 of 33 (2,133 Views)

★ Novice

you probably already have the game running but you don't know it. do this, ctrl alt delete, task manager, then look for the sims 3 launcher(32bit) and then highlight it and click end task.

Hope that helps Standard smile

Spoiler

Message 29 of 33 (1,913 Views)

★ Guide

same here. after having a problem with my previous Windows OS (blue screen of death and keyboard malfunctioning) it happened again. I re-installed my Sims games (except for Sims 2) and started a new game in Sunset Valley. I opened CAS and started creating a household. In the middle of creating it, it crashed. I tried everything; DEP, silent mode (I have Avast Antivirus-Internet Security) and running as administrator (basically I haven't tried it yet). The primary reason why it crashes is nVidia Kernel Mode Driver, which crashes and recovers successfully ALL THE TIME. I even tried re-installing the nVidia driver, but it said that the version I had was incompatible with my current OS (Windows 7 32-bit). Last time I had a similar crash to this was in 2014, but that time it had to do with non-genuine Windows (that  black screen with a watermark in the bottom). I don't think if this time this has to do with nnon-genuine Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks Standard smile

(I am playing in windowed mode on a 32-bit Windows 7.)

Message 30 of 33 (1,746 Views)