Re: "Remove game modifications"

by eacharlotte

Original Post

"Remove game modifications"

★★ Novice

I have got the Sims 3, Sims World Adventures, Sims Generations, Sims Pets and Sims Outdoor Living installed on my computer. For some reason though, I can't play the game! I've got a sign coming up that says: 

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" 

I don't recall installing any game modifications, I have downloaded objects from The Sims Exchange and The Sims Resource but that was all. I have tried to clear the caches and bought Outdoor Living yesterday to see if perhaps putting a new game would update the version of Sims I have? There are no available updates for my games, according to my Launcher. 

Is there a way to fix this? I miss my games... Kinda addicted :P Please help!! 

Message 1 of 11 (2,839 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello spicyfajita,

These objects that you downloaded probably do not match your version of the Sims 3 (game base plus the three extensions and the stuff pack). By "modifications", it can mean either an actual modification (which we do not support) or objects.

These objects that you have downloaded will not be working with your game as it currently is and may cause bugs.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 11 (2,837 Views)

★★ Novice

I understand that, and I have had those appear and I can still play my game. However, it won't even let me load the game, so I know it isn't something to do with a specific object. Is there any way to fix it?

Message 3 of 11 (2,835 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We unfortunately cannot provide support for content that does not come directly from the Exchange. I would advice to remove custom content that isn't official from your game and get back here if you are still meeting issues.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 11 (2,832 Views)

★★ Novice

I am sorry for being so annoying about all of this.

I have uninstalled everything I have downloaded, all the custom content I downloaded from both the Exchange and the Resource are gone, and I am still getting the exact same message. Not only did I uninstall through the Sims Launcher, but I deleted the downloads clear from my computer, and it still won't work. 

What else can I do to try make it work? 

Message 5 of 11 (2,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This message has two main reasons:

1. You have a core mod installed that does not match the patch level.

2. You have package files installed that are still in programs instead of the documents folder, either doing that manually or using the Installer Monkey Helper. Setting up the framework the old way gives you the error.

As Charlotte said, we can't really talk about this here (although I stil think it would be good if we could) but look around the net on how the install package files now.

I've not seen custom content like hair or objects give out that error but should neither apply to you, post some more detail (you can also google the error message and probably find a place where you can get more support on this).

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,826 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, so I found another website that tried to help me, however, now I have this problem. 

I uninstalled all but my base game, because I don't have that disk with me at the moment (I am living abroad for the year and my disk is at home), deleted the caches, and uninstalled and deleted all my downloads from both sites that I used. 

Reinstalled my games, and then tried to play. I still get the notification sign, but I pressed Continue, and it opened the game for me. 

My next problem is this now - Even after reinstalling my games, and managing to get into the game, I can only play in Build Mode? I can't get into Buy Mode at all.... 

Any ideas on this one?

Message 7 of 11 (2,815 Views)

Hero

If you still have the message, you probably still have something hiding somewhere (especially since you didn't remove the base game).

Did you check the base game folder for a mods folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,813 Views)

★★ Novice

I did just now, I don't see one. 

I just tried to play my game and I now am getting told there was an error loading the Launch and to check my log. :/ Will I have to just give up on playing? Frown 

Message 9 of 11 (2,811 Views)

Hero

Do you have access to your serial code ?

If so, register your serial code at Origin to make the download version available to you. If it shows up fine, remove everything SIms from your computer. 

Manually uninstall, clean the registry and remove the user files (don't delete those, just move to a different location) as described here: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Make sure there is no Sims folder left in programs or in documents also uninstall any EADM referenes you find.

The download the download version via Origin and reinstall that. Patch to 1.39 and then check if your game is running ok. If it does, add the EPs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (2,808 Views)