Re: "Proposal" and "Propose going steady" options unavailable in game

by mariahljay

Original Post

"Proposal" and "Propose going steady" options unavailable in game

★★★ Newbie
I noticed that now my options to propose or to go steady have now disappeared from my game. I can no longer offer proposal once my sims are to that point of attraction. I've never had this problem but I've only noticed it after the last game update. I was wondering if this was by any chance a bug connected to my game.
Message 1 of 5 (1,400 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ? Is this all couples or just one ? What's the constallation (are they human or some kind of occult) ? Did you only use interactions from the romantic menue ? Someimes using other interactions re-set the menu and you have to start over to get the interaction. Also sometimes it takes a very long time. Just keep on using romantic interactions.

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have mods but I didn't have any problems with it until now. Is there a way I can find out which mod(if any) caused my Options to not be present? I use just the "Romantic" options. I've proposed and proposed to go steady without issue until now.

Message 3 of 5 (1,392 Views)

Hero

It's in the nature of mods that they need updating with every new patch. See, mods change the files EA makes and if EA changes the Original, the modders need to re-apply their changes.

Remove all your mods and delete the cache files.

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Afterwards check with the creators which ones have been updated or are still compatible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you I will try it and if it works out well I will mark it as resolved.

Message 5 of 5 (1,382 Views)