Re: "Base game is incompatible with current expansion pack"

by Natalieterry_xo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Base game is incompatible with current expansion pack"

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Ive been trying for weeks to play my sims 3 games and its become so frustrating, Ive tried everything! I even wiped my whole laptop and installed all the sims games again but still no change.

I have a problem where the sims 3 launcher pops up but tells me my base game is incompatible with the current expansion pack. Shorty after i click ok an update pops up. I did this update last night which took me about 5 hours to complete. Once it finished I clicked play and the same thing happened! The same update then popped up and I am not willing to wait another 5 hours for it to complete and not work again. I checked previous forums where people have had the same problem as me but it doesnt seem to work. In one of them they advised to download a super patch and make it work from there? I did this but just as it was about to start the installation a box appeared saying "The setup has detected that version 1.42.130 of The Sims 3 is already installed. This setup installs an earlier version of The Sims 3 (1.22.9). You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version" I dont know where to get a more up to date version and i just don't know what more to do? I also tried to just uninstall the base game and reinstall it but that didnt change anything either.

The packs I have are Pets, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Generations and Seasons.

Please help as soon as you can, i think im getting withdrawl symptoms lol Frown

Message 1 of 21 (35,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try downloading the super patch manually here then:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-57/td-p/67858/

Not sure what you've downloaded before but you'll need patch 1.57

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 21 (39,901 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (35,371 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thankyou for replying!

The base game version I have is 1.42.130.019001

Message 3 of 21 (35,368 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the super patch manually here then:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-57/td-p/67858/

Not sure what you've downloaded before but you'll need patch 1.57

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (39,902 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thankyou! it took me a while but it worked!

The game launched and I reached as far as the load up screen where all the gameplay tips show up but then a little blue box came up saying "a serious error has occured with "Natalie.sims3" and it should restart the application. What do i do now?

Message 5 of 21 (35,357 Views)

Hero

Here's some tips on that issue: 

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Load_Issues
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Reading+Logs+Major

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (35,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, as soon as i was about to follow the steps on the link you sent me, i realised that i no longer had the problem and now something else is occuring! (I know sorry, its just one thing after the other Frown)

Now its reaching the gaming tips bit after i chose my household but before it starts to load im getting the so called "Blue Screen of Death"

I have windows 8 and ive have this laptop for less than 3 months now so i doubt it can be anything else but the sims

I had this problem before as to why i wiped my whole laptop in the first place but sadly it hasent gone away

Ive checked online but there isnt any help for windows 8 users, now im really stuck Frown

I know you've done so much already but if you can, please help me with this!

Message 7 of 21 (35,345 Views)

★ Apprentice

And also it says the error is called "Kernel_data_inpage_error" if that helps anything?

Message 8 of 21 (35,343 Views)

Hero

BSOD are usually hardware related and I can't help with those. Do you have anyone that could help you out directly on your computer ? Maybe do a hardware check (check your manual on how to to that).

Do you only have them when playing the game ?

Here's a link to your error message: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-with-this-error-code/0...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (35,332 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh I thought as much, thank you for all your help though Standard smile

The laptop itself did not come with a manual or a disk, only a windows 8 start-up booklet

And yeah it does only occur when I load up the sims unfortunately

Message 10 of 21 (35,328 Views)