09-16-2012 02:04 PM
1. Installed sims 3 and ran off disk, ran fine for months and still does
2. Disk cracked at cener hole but still working
3. Talked to tech support and they set us up to run without the disk
4. Downloaded the Origin app and it updated itself
5. Run origin app, login, go to My Games and click on Sims 3 and then Play
6. Sims launcher comes up just like with disk and we click on the Play button
7. It displays the error message that we need to put in the disk but we aren't supposed to have to anymore
What do we have to do to play without the disk????
09-16-2012 02:19 PM
1. The Sims 3 Game Launcher comes up from the Origin app.
2. Click the Play button just like if we had launched the Sim 3 Game Launcher from loading the disk
3. Disk Authentication Failure. No game disk found! Please insert The Sims 3 game disk before proceeding
We aren't supposed to have to use the disk anymore
09-16-2012 02:33 PM
1. Start origin
2. Go to My Games
3. Cursor on The Sims 3 and pop up has Play button
4. Click that Origin Play button
5. Sims Launcher comes up
6. Click Play from Sims launcher and it gives the disk error
09-16-2012 02:38 PM
Some where after downloading and installing Origin app am I supposed to some how download the Sims game?????
A tech person who seems to not know what the problem was had me check the Origin game cache and the folder was empty
Had me un-install and re-install Origin
Got the same error (as I expected)
Then wanted me to manually un-install The Sims 3 game and re-install. I asked why I couldn't use the un-installer from the Windows start bar and couldn't answer that question or why it would matter. Not sure why un-installing Sims 3 game and re-installing would make a difference. The tech person couldn't answer if I should re-install using the disk again or some how download from the Origin app. They just didn't seem to know how to run the game without the disk after previously running it with the disk.
09-16-2012 02:41 PM
Did not uninstall disk version. Will that cause game files to be deleted? My kid will not be happy if I lose her game files. Where do I get the download version to install? From the Origin app? From the Support site?