my Sims 3 game wont install or launch please help!

by oavaroc

Original Post

Re: my Sims 3 game wont install or launch please help!

Hero

No idea what that is (DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer) but to me it sounds like something is messed up with your  Windows.

Did you change the path to wndows\system32 (not the one I gave above) ?

Since this is more of a Windows issue, let me see if I can get another helper to help you further. Maybe they have an idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought i knew my directx files were just always in the system32 folder fromm having to deal with them before, but i just checked the syswow64 folder you said and i found some there too, and did the regsvr32 d3dx9_31.dll to it and got a different error message:

"RegSvr32

The module"d3dx9_31.dll" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

i have Windows 7 64-bit

Message 12 of 18 (284 Views)

Hero

Try regsvr64 instead of RegSvr32 then (32 is probably for 32 bit operating systems)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that and it says:

"'regsvr64' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Message 14 of 18 (276 Views)

Hero

Yeah, sorry about that. Seems it should work with regsvr32 for 64 bit as well. My bad.

Did you try like this at all

1. Open the console by typing cmd in the search bar in your start menu
  2. Type cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  3. Type REGSVR32 d3dx9_31.dll

with that path ?

It seems that the version in system is a 64 bit version and you can't register 32 bit dll with 64 bit  REGSVR32. So you do need to use the one in the syswow64 direcotry since that is the 32 bit version.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have read up on it some more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 18 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

this has happened to me beofre and I never found out if this way was 100% effective in fixing it but the one time I tried it, it worked. 

Ok so when you turn on your comuter if the sims 3 application automatically starts up all on its own with you opening it(like mine) then exit of of the application force quit it and make sure the application is totally exited from. Once you have done this you could go to your finder or whatever (for a mac its a finder I don't know what it is for Windows) but hopefully you know what I mean. But basically just click on the sism 3 icon whether its on your desktop of the computer or in the finder thing either way just click on it to get it running. That worked fr me. I think Sims needs to be started by someone instead of just by itself or by the computer automatically starting it. 

Hope it helps.

Message 16 of 18 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I used these instructions exactly:

"

1. Open the console by typing cmd in the search bar in your start menu
  2. Type cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  3. Type REGSVR32 d3dx9_31.dll"

and got the same message:

"RegSvr32

The module"d3dx9_31.dll" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

When i start up my computer it doesent start up the sims 3, and when i try to launch it from the desktop icon (The Sims 3) i get a message that the sims3launcher has failed i get the same message if i click on it from a search ( im assuming thats the finder), and I get the d3dx9_31.dll error when i try to use the TS3W.exe.

Message 17 of 18 (261 Views)

Hero

Then I would say you downloaded a faulty (wrong) version of the dll.

tbh, I would just reinstall Windows or do another factory restore or search the net for another version of the dll (although I'm not a big fan of suggesting downloading dls)

Not sure what else to suggest. I don't believe this to be a Sims issue as stated before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (252 Views)