missing Sims3launcher.exe after seasons install

by radarrandal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing Sims3launcher.exe after seasons install

★★★★★ Newbie
  • I bought my wife seasons.
  • She installed it
  • When she clicks the icon it gives her "searching for sims3launcher.exe" but doesnt find it.
  • She played the game a few moments before I gave her the expansion..
  • I would just reinstall the game but she has Generations on her laptop, which thanks to my kids, i cant find the serial key

.Please help, I went from being and awesome husband (she wanted the expansion badly) to being the tool bag who ruined her game.

Thanks,

Randal

Message 1 of 5 (3,904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing Sims3launcher.exe after seasons install

Hero

Here's instructions how to recover the missing serial code from the registry: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

---

What's your operating system (32 or 64 bit) and did you get the download or disk version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,101 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so the sims3launcher.exe file in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder was named "sims3launcher.ex_" i changed the _ to an E and that did the trick, the game is now updating.

I have had nothing but issues with this game so far, which makes me sad because my wife loves this game. Thanks for your assistance crinrict

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (4,093 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Here's instructions how to recover the missing serial code from the registry: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

---

What's your operating system (32 or 64 bit) and did you get the download or disk version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (4,102 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Operating system: windows 7 64bit

I got the serial and after uninstalling and reinstalling several times via origin i am able to use Sims3 with no expansions, i tried to install the expansions but it wants me to use the launcher to update before it will allow me. The launcher gives me a "not a valid win32 application" error

when i try to launch through origin, i get nothing...looks like it will launch but never does.

Message 3 of 5 (3,874 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so the sims3launcher.exe file in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder was named "sims3launcher.ex_" i changed the _ to an E and that did the trick, the game is now updating.

I have had nothing but issues with this game so far, which makes me sad because my wife loves this game. Thanks for your assistance crinrict

Message 4 of 5 (4,094 Views)

Hero

You're welcome. Glad you were able to solve it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,864 Views)