make me an offer

by mienoe24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

make me an offer

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I need help with 'make me an offer'.

if i'm not logged in or if antoher account is logged in there isn't a problem, but if I log i with my own account it doesn't work and says:

Be Right Back!
Our site appears to be down right now. Don’t worry, we have one of our best people working on it.

Why is it only doing that with my account?
It is already like this for 2 days.
anyone know how to resolve this?
thnx in advance
Message 1 of 4 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: make me an offer

Hero (Retired)

@mienoe24 Sites that are as busy as thesims3.com consist of multiple servers. A guess is the there might be a problem with just one of these servers and sometimes hard to find. The web masters may be working on just one server  (a guess) and taking just one servers off line can create isolated problems. These site configurations are often called a server farm and the software has to be configured right. Often problems pop up when upgrades are done and the software may not run as documented. There could be a hardware issue such as a storage device that has corruption which would call for replacement and reload of the software.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (311 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@mienoe24 Sites that are as busy as thesims3.com consist of multiple servers. A guess is the there might be a problem with just one of these servers and sometimes hard to find. The web masters may be working on just one server  (a guess) and taking just one servers off line can create isolated problems. These site configurations are often called a server farm and the software has to be configured right. Often problems pop up when upgrades are done and the software may not run as documented. There could be a hardware issue such as a storage device that has corruption which would call for replacement and reload of the software.

Message 2 of 4 (312 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's not just your account.  It started on the 12th at the same time as the Weekly sales reverted to last weeks sales.  Lots of issues and they're working on them.  My account worked fine this morning except for Make Me an Offer for the first time in days.  Then it kicked out my login and I can't do anything.  Again.  As of Friday at 1pm central I've been assured by EA that they are aware of and working on these issues.  I imagine with a site this complicated, problems are a real pain and time consuming to repair.  Try to have patience.  And I'll try to take my own advice on the patience thing.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4 (261 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Vgrace573 EA has been making changes and programmers are very familiar with Murphy's Law. If there is problems with the changes they have to revert back and even then the site may not run right and then everyone has that oh oh moment. At that point it's like putting that extra hard jigsaw puzzle together. As I noted earlier EA is aware of the problems. The only thing we need is patience which is something my wife says I don't have.

hth

Message 4 of 4 (251 Views)