into the future glitch

by hyrulechris

Original Post

into the future glitch

★ Novice
Installation went well got my super patch installed too....my family loads and the time portal is there I get my sim to "inspect" it and this is where the problem is she just keeps inspecting it and nothing else happens I can't c ancel the action or anything I have to reset her. Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it? Please help.
Message 1 of 6 (2,867 Views)

Re: into the future glitch

Hero (Retired)

close your game and launcher down then see if clearing the cach files will help

delete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package

•compositorCache.package

•scriptCache.package •simCompositorCache.package

•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

Message 2 of 6 (2,843 Views)

★ Novice

it didn't work, I even removed my downloads and mods folders just to see if it would do anything and it did, the prtal has an animation that didn't show up before but the sim still gets stuck inspecting it. I'm at a loss.....

Message 3 of 6 (2,593 Views)

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,582 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, tried it. it's obviously something in my files.....since it worked as a blank canvas.....so now i'm slowly adding my original folders back..wish me luck

Message 5 of 6 (2,441 Views)

Hero

It's most likely a mod if you have any.

And Good Luck Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,429 Views)