installation problem with sims3 supernatural

by enb03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

installation problem with sims3 supernatural

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to install sims 3 supernatural but half way through it gives a message "File:/GameData/Shared/Packages/FullBuild_p15.package Error: Data error (cyclic redundany check)."   push "retry" several times makes the progress bar go all the way to the end but does not finish. tried wiping down the disk, no visible scratches finger prints or dirt.  tried uninstalling dvd-rom drive and restarting.  still getting the same message. the sims 3 game itself works fine, even with high resolution active.  both disks came together in one case as "the sims3 plus supernatural" if it makes a difference.  what should I do next? 

Message 1 of 5 (2,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: installation problem with sims3 supernatural

★★★ Newbie

thank you for the reply, but i ended up downloading through the origin sight using the product key and that seemed to do the trick

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,123 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
Message 2 of 5 (2,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you for the reply, but i ended up downloading through the origin sight using the product key and that seemed to do the trick

Message 3 of 5 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi how can i instal spernatural using a disc if the wizzard keeps asking if i want to remove the content completely?

Message 4 of 5 (914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi how did u do that ? i have the disc and product key but cant seem to get it right kan u help ?

Message 5 of 5 (912 Views)