how do i get my sims 3 serial number to work when i bought the game secondhand?

by cocainemonster14

Original Post

how do i get my sims 3 serial number to work when i bought the game secondhand?

★★★ Newbie

How do I get my game to be registered on the sims 3 site? I bought the game second hand and it just keeps saying that the serial code is invalid. Is there any way i can fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (191 Views)

Re: how do i get my sims 3 serial number to work when i bought the game secondha

Hero (Retired)

When you buy the game you get a card that has an activation code on it. The code is only a mechanism to activate the game. The game is activated on Origin the first time you run the game (or redeem code) and the code is locked to the account that was in use at the time. The only way a second hand game of this type can be used is if you use the Origin account that was used to activate the game. Many second stores have stopped taking these type of games.

hth

Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

Re: how do i get my sims 3 serial number to work when i bought the game secondha

★★★ Newbie

I have encountered the same problem. the installation code is pointless. I bought the game let me play it with out hassle... Is there anyway to go around it?

Message 3 of 4 (171 Views)

Hero

If you bought it second hand, you can't register the game.

If it's the version that doesn't require Origin, you can still play it, if not, you can't.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (162 Views)