games on disc not showing in origin

by MzProvocative

Original Post

Accepted Solution

games on disc not showing in origin

★★★★★ Novice

I have almost all of the sims 3 games on disc. I want to install all of my sims 3 games on my laptop but they won't show up in my origin nor will origin allow me to add a game. Every time I try to add a game it says that my code has already been used.  I have been waiting over an hour this mourning and last night to speak with someone but no one will come to the chat window.  It states that the wait is under 5minutes but I have been waiting for a very long time now.

Message 1 of 6 (316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: games on disc not showing in origin

EA Staff

@MzProvocative For the error message, please install the C++ 2013 update which can be found on the following page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

As for playing all of the expansions you should be able to select which expansions you wish to load from the Sims 3 launcher. If you are not getting this option on the launcher, make sure that your game is fully up to date by right clicking the Sims 3 game tile and select 'Check for Update'. 

As for Island Paradise, have you tried redeeming the code for that expansion in Origin client?

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (290 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@MzProvocative From what I can see you have now been able to reach an Advisor. Was your issue resolved or do you need further assistance?

Message 2 of 6 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi no I haven't been able to get anything resolved

Message 3 of 6 (292 Views)

EA Staff

@MzProvocative Can you see the Sims 3 base game in Origin client? If you can have you been able to download the base game? Also in this case, to see and download your expansions right click the Sims 3 base games tile in Origin client and select 'View Game Details'.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 4 of 6 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do see more of my games now but I am missing Island Paradise.  But is there something different with the sims 3 and windows 8?  Before the games would "mesh" together.  I see different packs on origin, but when I right-click them the only option I have to click is "play".  And when I do click play and load up the game--its only the  sims 3 base game and that specific pack.  Like if I load up the University it will only have the university content and not all of the others.

Also the origin I have is the one updated from the discs.  Should I have done that?  I ask because every time I load up Origin, I get an error message.

Message 5 of 6 (276 Views)

EA Staff

@MzProvocative For the error message, please install the C++ 2013 update which can be found on the following page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

As for playing all of the expansions you should be able to select which expansions you wish to load from the Sims 3 launcher. If you are not getting this option on the launcher, make sure that your game is fully up to date by right clicking the Sims 3 game tile and select 'Check for Update'. 

As for Island Paradise, have you tried redeeming the code for that expansion in Origin client?

Message 6 of 6 (291 Views)