Re: game content not showing up while origin shows it as downloaded.

by allycat3301

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] game content not showing up while origin shows it as downloaded.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just don't know what to do i downloaded Sims 3 Ambitions but none of the content is showing up in my game and my game is fully updated.

Message 1 of 22 (952 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] game content not showing up while origin shows it as downloaded.

Champion (Retired)

@allycat3301 wrote:

I see the icon for ambitions so what do i do next?

The icon in Applications/The Sims 3? If so, try these:

1.Try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin.

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3 Ambitions. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

View in thread

Message 16 of 22 (986 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (930 Views)

★★ Novice

Im on a mac if thats what you mean.

Message 3 of 22 (925 Views)

Hero

It is. Forwarding to our mac helper.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (919 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@allycat3301 wrote:

I just don't know what to do i downloaded Sims 3 Ambitions but none of the content is showing up in my game and my game is fully updated.

Hi

Can you open the game launcher window? If so, when you look at the row of small icons along the bottom, is the one for Ambitions coloured-in or still greyed-out?

Caspin

Message 5 of 22 (908 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea, it is grey still.

Message 6 of 22 (899 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@allycat3301 wrote:

Yea, it is grey still.

OK, you either got a corrupt or partial download, or else it didn't install properly. See if you can re-download it from Origin. It the option to re-download isn't there, see below for possible solutions.

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

There are two things you can try.

1.Go into Applications on your Mac's hard drive and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

Message 7 of 22 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm trying to do the same thing, but where is drive? as you can see im not a mac expert Confusedmileytongue:

Message 8 of 22 (877 Views)

★★★ Novice

And uh, where is origin client?

Message 9 of 22 (873 Views)

Champion (Retired)

OK no worries. We'll go a bit slower.

The hard drive can be found if you click on the square icon on your Dock which looks like two faces smiling at each other. From there you can access Applications, which is where the software on your Mac can be found - including Origin and the installation of The Sims 3. There is also Documents, which is where your game files are saved. 

Message 10 of 22 (859 Views)