downloading custom content

by lexiblackmon69

Original Post

downloading custom content

★★★ Newbie

there's this sim in the exchange and he's my favorite sim on there. I've downloaded hundreds of custom sims and content before and most of them have to have proxies added because i don't have the expansion pack, which is completely fine. But this guy didn't need them so I was overjoyed when it said he downloaded without problems. I was so excited to start a house hold with him in it but when i went on my game he wasn't there. I've tried multiple times to download him and it keeps telling me it worked but it hasn't. is there something wrong with the sim, my game, or my computer? 

thanks

link to sim:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7526034

Message 1 of 11 (328 Views)

Re: downloading custom content

Hero (Retired)

did you check in the edit town create a household where you create sims ? although from just looking at the sim in the link he has CC items' may be skin tone/eye contact's etc and if you don't have them he may look different in CAS

could you give me about an half hour and i'll download him and install to see what he looks like in CAS and take a screenshot for you

Message 2 of 11 (318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it'd be great if you'd try downloading him. if it doesnt work for you then that means it's the sim not the game or computer

Message 3 of 11 (313 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok he finally downloaded for me that is a big file size for a sim 26.40 mb I'll check him in custard first to see what that says then install him and see if I can find him

Message 4 of 11 (311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay thanks for the help

Message 5 of 11 (308 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I checked him in custard he does have CC items clothing/makeup/accessories oh my goodness he has the dreaded counter attached to him

Message 6 of 11 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what is custard? and what is "the dreaded counter"? I'm not too hip to computer lingo

Message 7 of 11 (301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

custard is a   program you can use to "see" what comes with sims or lots  as sometimes unwanted CC can attach it's self to downloads there is counter that attaches itself to mainly sims but an odd time to a lot  as well it is bad CC crin has a thread in the sims 3 forum with tutorials and tips and the programs you can use on how to find and get rid of bad CC i'll link you that in a bit i'll go ahead and install the sim

it might take a wee bit longer to work with this sim as i'll need to find that counter and get rid of it i'll be back in a while and will post the screenshot of the sim from create a household and the link for you

Message 8 of 11 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much for your help

Message 9 of 11 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

your welcome Standard smile  like you even though  the sim is installed he does not show up in the create a household  I had moved my own saved sims folder to the desktop to make it easier to find that sim

to find CC in your launcher most of it it'll look this in the attached image in the installed items tab tick the box uninstall for any of the CC items you come across you may have to open and close the launcher as not all the items show up at once then go to the electronicsarts/thesims3/DCbackup delete the files in there too except the ccmerged.package file  that file is important

the link to the thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page 

also if you do decide to get the programs registering is free, you need to get something like 7zip to extract the files 

edit to fix the image and add the counter so you know what to look for

Message 10 of 11 (278 Views)