Accepted Solution

cant log into the sims3 launcher

★ Novice

cant log into the launcher why?

Message 1 of 7 (408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant log into the sims3 launcher

Hero (Retired)

@con6402 The game uses IE to communicate. If the web site is restarted the cookie in IE becomes invalid and the cookie needs to be reset. You can do this be deleting the browsing history in IE. Windows 10 has IE11. After time the cookie will expire and a new cookie is created the next time you visit the site - this is why the site works again after time. It has to be IE as that is what the game uses.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (423 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@con6402 The game uses IE to communicate. If the web site is restarted the cookie in IE becomes invalid and the cookie needs to be reset. You can do this be deleting the browsing history in IE. Windows 10 has IE11. After time the cookie will expire and a new cookie is created the next time you visit the site - this is why the site works again after time. It has to be IE as that is what the game uses.

Message 2 of 7 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do I delete history/ cookies so i get sims launcher to work??????

Ie ????? le11

Message 3 of 7 (331 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@missjnjranch   Open IE (Internet Explorer) - Win 10 has IE 11 and you have to searc h for it. Click the cog in the upper right. Click internet options. In browsing history click delete. click delete - click apply - click ok. In the last tab you can reset the browser which will reset all the browser options to "factory".

Message 4 of 7 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I will give that a shot when I first upgraded to windows 10, I had to re-install everything and some of my add on say code already used.... do you know if there is a way to fix that?

you rock!!  Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (321 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@missjnjranch  Once a code is entered that code is locked to the Origin account in use at that time. All you have to do is download and install the Origin client - login using the same login you used before and the packs should be there for download. If you can't find the packs you will have to contact EA customer service to help with this issue - link - EA customer service

Message 6 of 7 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you
Message 7 of 7 (309 Views)