can't install the game from Origin

by skjmum2001

Original Post

can't install the game from Origin

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 3 and all the expansion packs yesterday for my daughter, i installed the first disc into my dvd drive and origin popped up, it asked me to insert my game code which i did, asked me the language etc then asked me to press and install button which i did, it took almost an hour to install, then nothing. So i clicked on the help button and followed the advice to restart origin run as administrator and after doing this a download button appeared next to the game icon so  i clicked on it and 7 HOURS later it finally stopped and the install button appeared again. i clicked it and a box appeared asking me to allow origin to make changes to my computer, i clicked yes, an ea games box briefly appeared then went off and i hoped it meant that the game was installing but no, it stopped and still no game installed. What happened to just being able to insert a game into your tower, inserting a game code and away you go, is there any need for this palaver with origin because you don't get it on other games platforms you just insert the disc and play. I have spent £300 on games that at this moment in time are useless and have a very upset daughter who can't play them. There is nothing wrong with the disc, it is brand new, and my drive is fine too. Is there any way i can bypass this and just install the disc? I have tried uninstalling origin and trying to install it the old way but it prompts me to install origin!!!

Lorraine Bedson

Message 1 of 2 (954 Views)

Re: can't install the game from Origin

Hero

Someone else was reporting something similar with a newly bought disc and I agree with both of you: This should not be how it works. If you buy a disc, you install from there and not by downloading something (what's the point of the disc otherwise ?). Not sure if they ever came back to say how it worked out for them. Don't have the thread handy.

Since I bought the disc when it first cam out, I don't need Origin (wasn't availble then) and can install from disc. As I understand they want Origin to be necessary now probably cause if pirating issues but I really don't see the point in having do download something that should be on the disc.

Since I don't have any experience and frankly don't know of anyone that does, I would recommend to contact Customer support and have them walk you through the process and ask them the very same question should you need to download the game.

Maybe there is someone else on here that can help you out with that but until you get an answer here, try live chat or maybe the tech forum over at thesims3.com.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (944 Views)