can't download from the sims 3 exchange

by jaimeroo11

Original Post

Re: can't download from the sims 3 exchange

EA app Team

Hi @HippieWiccan13,

Are you using 'Add to game' button in the exchange to download and install the items? If so, could you try to use 'Save file' instead, and then double click on the downloaded file to install it in your game?

-Mai

Message 11 of 18 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried that. It will not install and says I must "install the associated content". I have the content though so I don't know what I am doing wrong. 

Message 12 of 18 (351 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again @HippieWiccan13,

In your screenshot you seem to be not logged in in the launcher. Could you try to log into your account, the account where you have that content, and try again?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 13 of 18 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried it logged in and got the same error.

Message 14 of 18 (330 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @HippieWiccan13,

Do you also have the Store content used to create those items installed? Is it showing as correctly installed in the launcher?

-Mai

Message 15 of 18 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes and yes!  :c)

Message 16 of 18 (296 Views)

EA app Team

Ok @HippieWiccan13, could you choose one of the items that is giving you issues, something created before 11/11/2015 so we are sure it was not created with the version 1.69 of the game, which was released that day?

Once you have found an item with the same error:

1. Make sure you have installed everything in the 'Items' tab of the Exchange item download page. You mentioned you have installed all the EPs and SPs, so you will have to make sure you own the Store content in the 'Items' tab.
  2. Download it with the save file option.
  3. Try to install it to make sure it's still giving you the associated content error.
  4. Open the game and check if you can see inside the game the Store content the item requires.

If it does show inside the game, could you give me the link to the item you have chosen?

Thanks,

Mai

Message 17 of 18 (290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue

Message 18 of 18 (232 Views)