"Sims 3 has stopped working"

★ Novice

Windows 8

Toshiba

Satellite C55-A

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40Hz 2.40GHz

6.00GB (Used) / 5.88GB (Usable)

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I had purchased The Sims 3 Starter Pack ( The Sims 3, High -EndLoft Stuff, Late Night ) and The Sims 3 World Bundle ( Monte Vista, Hidden Springs) WIN/MAC DVD-ROMS and after a little trouble had them running fine on my laptop. I then downloaded a few expansion packs through Origin such as The Sims 3 Supernatural, The Sims 3  Ambitions and The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff. Again, the game ran fine for the most part. I recently downloaded University Life, Generations, Into The Future, Outdoor Living, Showtime, Pets, Movie Stuff, and Master Suites. Game begins running only to freeze and a error boxs pops up reading "Sims 3 has stopped working" then it says that it is attempting to fix itself, fails and asks me to end the program. 

Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (103 Views)

Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working"

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)