World Adventures Expansion Pack Regional CD Error

by WeeToodle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

World Adventures Expansion Pack Regional CD Error

★ Novice

When trying to install Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion pack  I receive a regional CD code error-

please advise

thank you

Message 1 of 7 (6,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: World Adventures Expansion Pack Regional CD Error

Hero

Where did you buy your Expanision pack ? This error usually occurs if you have ex. the base game from europe and world adventures from the US.

The basegame/wa had different codes. They are as following

01 = US
02 = Worldwide (Europe)
03 = Asia
05 = Japan
17 = Digital Download

To find out, what region your base game has, check the last number of the version number.

To be able to install the Expansion, you need to manually change the region code in your registry

Windows Vista / Windows 7

1. Open the Registery by typing regedit in the search bar
  2. Use File - Export to make a backup of the registry
  3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 (64 bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\Sims\The Sims 3 (32 bit)
  4. Choose Value Name: SKU ,and double click to change the Value Data to the value you need
  5. OK, refresh, then restart your computer.

Be aware that messing with the registry can mess up your entire windows system so make sure you make that backup. Don't attempt to change anything else

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,464 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Where did you buy your Expanision pack ? This error usually occurs if you have ex. the base game from europe and world adventures from the US.

01 = US
02 = Worldwide (Europe)
03 = Asia
05 = Japan
17 = Digital Download

To find out, what region your base game has, check the last number of the version number.

To be able to install the Expansion, you need to manually change the region code in your registry

3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 (64 bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\Sims\The Sims 3 (32 bit)
  4. Choose Value Name: SKU ,and double click to change the Value Data to the value you need

Be aware that messing with the registry can mess up your entire windows system so make sure you make that backup. Don't attempt to change anything else

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (6,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the base game and Supernatural from the US, and World Adventures from Great Britain.  However, I use a Mac.  Any way to fix it for me?

Message 3 of 7 (5,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have windows XP and i don't sea the files that you say please help

@crinrict wrote:

01 = US
02 = Worldwide (Europe)
03 = Asia
05 = Japan
17 = Digital Download

Message 4 of 7 (5,461 Views)

Hero

YOu don't have them here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (5,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I have the same regional installation error.

I am installing the World Adventures expansion pack on a Mac Air Book, where I have installed Sims3 plus the Supernatural, Late Night and one other expasion packs succesfully.

The primary game and expansion packs have all been bought through EB Games in New Zealand. I have also taken the first installation disk back and swapped it due to the regional error.

Suggestions please?

Guy and Sophia

Message 6 of 7 (3,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with mac Frown please help...

Message 7 of 7 (2,306 Views)