Re: Won't Install my Custom Content.

by whitleyloveheart

Original Post

Won't Install my Custom Content.

★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently uninstalled Sims 3 and all of the expansion I had (they were from Steam) and redownloaded them through Origin. I had copied a few of the files to a jumpdrive before uninstalling everything, and now that I have the games installed again, the files are still on my computer, even though I didn't put them back on. I can play the game just fine, but I don't have any of my custom content from the Sims 3 Store. Ie, worlds, clothing, furniture and venues.

When I try and download one of my items from the game launcher, after it goes through the motions of installing the item, it says "(Item Name goes here): Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Done!"

It says this even though my game is up to date.

If anyone has had this issues before or knows how to fix it, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

Message 1 of 11 (3,331 Views)

★★ Novice

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Message 2 of 11 (3,300 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It sounds like you're game isn't up to date.  Do you have patch 1.50?  If you don't, then the launcher won't let you download purchases/ stuff from the exhange.  

Message 3 of 11 (3,297 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, I have looked all over the web and tried all different things but nothing works! Its very frustrating.

Message 4 of 11 (3,289 Views)

Custom Content

★★ Novice

So, I've been waiting for a live chat to become available with an adviser for days now. I'm giving up and just going to ask on the forums.

I originally purchased all of my Sims 3 expansions as well as the base game from Steam. I preordered University Life through Origin, when the time came to download it, I uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games from Steam and redownloaded them from Origin. I was able to do this as I had registered all of my games. A previous post on the forums told me to save a few files, which I did, to a usb drive. When my games were all reinstalled, the files were still in my computer, even though I hadn't put them back on. Anyway, this is my problem. I can play the game just fine, but I'm unable to download custom content. My launcher goes through the motions of downloading and installing my cc (it even says the installation was successful), but when ingame none of the things are available to me. This is very frustrating as I've spent a lot of time with my families in both Aurora Skies and Sunlit Tides, and now I'm unable to play with them, use any of my furniture from the sims 3 store, or my clothing.

So, the last chat I had open with an adviser, they told me to disable custom content in my game and then try a clean boot. I disabled the custom content and when I went to try a clean boot, one of the steps listed I can't follow, because I can't find the option within my computer. So if anyone has had this problem before with not being able to download custom content, or knows of a solution whether it involves a clean boot or a different one I'm willing to try it, because this is ridiculous. I've spent a LOT of money on this game and it's very frustrating that I'm not able to use my custom items.

So please, please someone help me! Frown

Message 5 of 11 (3,285 Views)

★ Novice
I will get something then install it then I'll get onto my game and it won't be on there so I get off the game and go look at the launcher and the thing I installed is uninstalled once I go on the game no matter how many times I install it still won't show up on my game! If anyone knows what's happening please help me!
Message 6 of 11 (2,027 Views)

★ Novice

im having that problem right now too

Message 7 of 11 (2,015 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AGraham66 Are you updated to 1.67? To check, open the game launcher and look in the left hand corner. The digits there should read 1.67 - if they don't, download the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 8 of 11 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Has anyone figuired out how to fix this problem ; When I try and download one of my items from the game launcher, after it goes through the motions of installing the item, it says "(Item Name goes here): Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Done!"

I really would like to play my game with all my nice clothes, hair, and makeup also my game is already updated to 1.67 so idk what the problem is.

Message 9 of 11 (1,971 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sudaniscott please download and install the super patch. If it asks if you want to overwrite your current game version, say "yes." The super patch can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 10 of 11 (1,963 Views)