Why is my game lagging

by supermansockss88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is my game lagging

★★★ Newbie

I bought Island Paradise a few weeks ago off origin and that will make it my 5th or 6th EP. Up untill I bought and intalled this expansion my game ran smoothly but now anytime I play, my game lags every few in game minutes. It just freezes up for a few seconds every few minutes. I bought a new laptop the other day and installed my base game and expansions on the new computer (hoping starting fresh would fix it) and it still lags. I have no mods or custom content on the new computer so it must be the game itself. I am just wondering how to fix this problem because it's making my game unplayable. My computer and video card is up to date with the game so I really do not understand why it's lagging. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is my game lagging

★★★★★ Novice

As far as im aware from reading on the sims 3 forums its a routing issue mostly, have you tried "resetsim"? if not use That, also there is a particular houseboat i found causes more lag the red and white ish one "prince i think" i always delete it and stop the horses and pets spawning via options menu xx

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

As far as im aware from reading on the sims 3 forums its a routing issue mostly, have you tried "resetsim"? if not use That, also there is a particular houseboat i found causes more lag the red and white ish one "prince i think" i always delete it and stop the horses and pets spawning via options menu xx

Message 2 of 4 (311 Views)

Hero (Retired)

and the scott family

Message 3 of 4 (290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I will try that next time. Switched to a different town which runs just fine... just going to have to wait and hope for a patch Frown

Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)