Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is my Sims 3 taking so long to install and why is it crashing my laptop

by holmesz97

Original Post

Why is my Sims 3 taking so long to install and why is it crashing my laptop

★★ Newbie

Hello

I recently purchased Sims 3 and I immediately started to install it. It started to install quickly but then it only completed 30% in about 5/6 hours so I stopped it and went to bed. The next day I began to install it and the installation went really quickly and completed in under 30 seconds, I then loaded the game and went downstairs to get a drink, when I came back up Sims had crashed my laptop, so when I loaded my laptop back up again Sims 3 had installed and was taking ages to install again. HELP!!!!!! What can I do to sort this?????!!!!!

Message 1 of 2 (1,403 Views)

Re: Why is my Sims 3 taking so long to install and why is it crashing my laptop

★★★★ Newbie

hey well it happened to me too actually its happening right now lol I was trying to search if theres any way to make it fast but idk. it loaded very well but when it got to the end it was VERY slow. I waited all night just for it to load and nothing hapend but if I canceled it then maybe Its not a good idea. so if ur having trouble maybe go to best buy or something and they'll install it for u so u don't get pissed off looking at the sc u don't get pissed off waiting for too long. idk if im going to do it because I don't feel like doing anything so if u can just wait for it I guess. that's what im doing.

Message 2 of 2 (1,306 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com