Re: Why doesn't my avatar show up on the Sims 3 website?

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Why doesn't my avatar show up on the Sims 3 website?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have done all of the steps and looked at other posts about this... I use Google Chrome and my screenshots upload, but I have tried uploading my Sim's avatar picture to my profile but when I go to look for it it's not there at all. Nowhere in the Studio or any of the tabs. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You have to upload a Sim to the Exchange first in order to be able to use that Sim as your avatar:

How do I upload a Sim to The Sims 3 Exchange?

You can upload newly created Sims, as well as Sims you have already created.

After that you should be able to use that Sim as avatar:

How do I create an Avatar on TheSims3.com?

Having an Avatar is a good way of showing your distinct style on TheSims3.com!

If your Sim doesn't upload to the Exchange in the first place, please try to change the file name, name, and description of your Sim and try it again.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I Have Done All Of The Steps Stated In How To Upload You Sim To The Exchange And Make It Your Avatar But Nothing Seems To Be Working. First Off I Am Logged In On Both The Sims 3 Website ANDD The Launcher With The SAME AccountSecondly I Have Gone Into CAS And Saved My Sim To The Bin Then Shared It. I Then Went Back Onto The Launcher And Uploaded My Sim. It Got The Green Tick Next To It Stating That It Was Successfully Uploaded. I Then Proceeded To My Page On The Sims 3 Website And Tried Changing My Avatar To That Of The Sim I Uploaded But To NO Avail... In The Drop Down Arrow Under "Uploaded Sims" None Of My Sims Appear There It Just Says Learn How To Upload A Sim Etc... And In My Studio My Screenshots Appear But I DO NOT see my uploaded Sims. I've Tried Many Different Ways To Solve This But Nothing Works. Ive Restarted The Launcher, Restarted My Computer, Changed The Name, Description & File Name Of My Sims and Tried To Reupload Many Times But Still Nothing Works. This Is Highly Frustrating & I Need Help Please !

Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

Hero

Did you use any custom content on the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (239 Views)