Re: Why does it say " the sims 3 has stopped working" every time it starts up to play on windows 8?

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Why does it say " the sims 3 has stopped working" every time it starts up to play on windows 8?

★★★ Newbie

The game loads and can be played for about 5 minutes until it closew and says that the sims 3 has stopped working. also, if i go to change any of the options, the whole game shuts down and he ame "stopped working" message comes up. I just got the seasons and really want to play it, however the new laptop i got isn't letting me. The new laptop has windows 8 and is a 64 bit thing or whatever. WHY WONT MY SIMS WORK?!

Message 1 of 3 (3,132 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why does it say " the sims 3 has stopped working" every time it starts up to play on windows 8?

Community Manager

Hi xokaitxo96cutie,

Have you already tried everything that is explained here?

Game Crashes (CTD)

My game crashes to the desktop without a warning.

Troubleshooting Steps

There are several steps one can take to troubleshoot their own game before seeking help. There are some standard recipes that can help with several game problems.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 3 (3,088 Views)

Re: Why does it say " the sims 3 has stopped working" every time it starts up to play on w

★★ Novice
I've been having this all week. However, I've JUST worked out, if you log yourself out when you reach the main menu and disable interactive loading screens (general options, 3rd tab. I also turned off usage sharing), it seems to open up with no hitch. Phew! Pain if you wanted to complete the achievements, but at least you can play the game that way. I hope!!! Really hope it works for you.
Message 3 of 3 (2,139 Views)