Re: Where do I find the serial code to register my game?

by perhamfamily4

Original Post

Where do I find the serial code to register my game?

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to register my Sims 3 games on the website, but I can't find the serial code. I thought the code at the top of the insert that you use when installing the game was it, but it says it is incorrect. Please help!

Message 1 of 5 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@perhamfamily4 wrote:

I am trying to register my Sims 3 games on the website, but I can't find the serial code. I thought the code at the top of the insert that you use when installing the game was it, but it says it is incorrect. Please help!

hi did u get it off origin because i get all my games on there and it does the same thing to me aswell and its pretty **bleep**ing annoying i dont know why it does it the best way to try and contact origin/ ea on the facebook page and they will probley reply

Message 2 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★★ Pro

ryan131099 wrote

hi did u get it off origin because i get all my games on there and it does the same thing to me aswell and its pretty **bleep**ing annoying i dont know why it does it the best way to try and contact origin/ ea on the facebook page and they will probley reply

@ryan131099: the reason why it doesn't work for you for games purchased through Origin is because it is supposed to autoregister.  "When you purchase The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you no longer need to manually register your product through The Sims 3’s website. Just make sure that your Origin account details match the details of your Sims account, and Origin will register your products for you" (see this link for more info here)

@perhamfamily4: Did you purchase the game from Origin?  If so, you can't manually register it on the Sims site.  Origin does it for you, and it usually takes a couple of days to appear.

Message 3 of 5 (402 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I didn't buy any of my current games through Origin, all are store bought...

Message 4 of 5 (393 Views)

★ Pro

It is that code, the one you use when you install. If it's not working you need to contact EA. https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Scroll down the page to the bottom, on the right side choose your country, then scroll back up and fill in the steps, you'll be given ways to contact them for help: a message, live chat or phone number (depending on what country you're in).

Message 5 of 5 (391 Views)