Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When You Get 'no_cd_key' for Product Key

by azzy0922

Original Post

Highlighted

When You Get 'no_cd_key' for Product Key

★★★★ Novice

There is but one way to solve this: CALL EA FOR HELP!!!! No live chat. Call. If you ask for a live chat, even if they say it'll be a minute until someone responds, you may never get a response. I didn't. Long story short, we tried everything and I was on the phone for over an hour. In the end all they could do was start a new download of the game from their end and send me a new product key code. There was no other way to fix the problem. For specifics:

My Problem: Bought Sims 3 Seasons on Origin few years ago and everything went fine. Then I had to uninstall to clean out some bugs on my laptop (Macbook Pro), and when I tried to re-install it I only had 'no_cd_key' for a product key. In other words, though the game was downloaded I couldn't install because there was nothing I had to put in for the registration code during the installation process.

When I Called for Help: Requested live chat twice. No response. Finally called and the guy on the line had me try various things, like uninstalling and re-installing origin, going through the sims 3 website, and looking up the original code on my laptop memory. For that last attempt, I did find a code but it was for the original Sims 3 game and not Seasons. Then the call was lost for some reason (either my phone connection problems or theirs), I requested another call, and that's when they checked to make sure that I'd tried everything before starting the new download and e-mailing me a new product key. 

Again the Solution: JUST CALL EA HELP. I tried various other methods that I found online but nothing helped.

Message 1 of 1 (45 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help