Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
karmadammit

When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

What is the cyclical redundancy check error and how do i fix it?

I'm not the best with computers, so can you give me the most dumbed-down fix for this?

My disk is scratched a little, but that never affected anything in the last computer that I installed it in. And I believe that the errors shows up when the object cache (i dont know what that is either D:smileyhappy: for Sunset Valley is being installed/downloaded.

crinrict
Topics: 140
XP: 3,673
Solutions: 3,782

Re: When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

Here's some tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
karmadammit

Re: When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

[ Edited ]

crinrict wrote:

Here's some tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Thank you! I just have one question on one of the solutions.

It says that I can get a deownloadable copy if I enter the serial number of my physical game. Any idea what page I have to go to to do that?

crinrict
Topics: 140
XP: 3,673
Solutions: 3,782

You need Origin and you should be able to to redeem it in the client. Not sure where since I don't use Origin myself.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.