When I enter my Sims 3 product code it says ''This code has already been used''.

by zoeyoung41

Original Post

Re: When I enter my Sims 3 product code it says ''This code has already been used''.

Hero (Retired)

did you downlaod orign to your new computer ? if so try log into the origin shortcut with the email and password you use for your ccount then right clcik the base game icon-downlaod let it updtae to wahtever updates it needs launcht he game make sure it works then download the next one launch paly rinse repeat

Message 11 of 33 (4,397 Views)

Re: When I enter my Sims 3 product code it says ''This code has already been used''.

★★★ Novice
Did you ever get a response to your issue. I am having the same problem. I tried to install sims3 on my laptop but it was too old and the game would not work. I bought a new laptop and tried to reinstall using the disk and it is telling me my registration code has been used. I have the original disk that I bought with the registration code. What can I do? I hope I do not need to buy the game again it is brand new not yet used. Please help me.
Message 12 of 33 (4,346 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@behr12 wrote:
Did you ever get a response to your issue. I am having the same problem. I tried to install sims3 on my laptop but it was too old and the game would not work. I bought a new laptop and tried to reinstall using the disk and it is telling me my registration code has been used. I have the original disk that I bought with the registration code. What can I do? I hope I do not need to buy the game again it is brand new not yet used. Please help me.

if your getting that message installing from disks contact CS

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 13 of 33 (4,345 Views)

Re: When I enter my Sims 3 product code it says ''This code has already been use

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem.

My boydfriend gave me his sims 3 disk and i tried to install on my laptop but i can't with out the prodct key, i installed Origin and made myself an account too.

Would the game work on my laptop if i used his origin account ? Or do i have to buy my own??

Message 14 of 33 (4,087 Views)

Re: When I enter my Sims 3 product code it says ''This code has already been use

Hero (Retired)

the codes are tied to his account second hand/used games cannot be regestired to another account

he can install it on multiple computer but only on one account and only one person at a time logged in with that account

Message 15 of 33 (4,080 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
If you are using mac the customer service days to update your system with the os x yosemite software..and also make sure your system is up to date prior to downloading...if all else fail contact origin, they were very helpful witht the install portion and even told me if we could not solvethe issue then we could talk about working out a refund...online download purchase (not store buy)...hope this helps
Message 16 of 33 (3,497 Views)

★★ Novice

i had the same problem. if you have a pc with a disk inserting thing then you can install it like that and put in the code because origin knows you have the actual possession of the game and your not just typing random codes that have already been used. other wise on a macbook air like my computer it will not work. my brother and i share accounts for the sims 3. all games have first been installed on his computer, because he can insert the disk, and then it is a free installation for me from my mac. i recently bought seasons and university life from someone that already used the code. like i said before it worked fine on my brothers computer because he has possession of the cd, otherwise for me it does not work, it doesn't show up for free installation! please help!!!!:manmad:

Message 17 of 33 (3,252 Views)

Hero (Retired)

if the game was bought 2nd hand/used the code/s will be tied to the original persons account and are non transferable nor can they be re registered to another account see if you can seek a refund from the seller

Message 18 of 33 (3,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing happened to me before, and is happening again because my game keeps crashing and not turning back on again. When i tried to reinstall it it said that the product code was already used. The last time it happened i had to buy a new game. But it's such a waste of money, i have two base games now already. It's ridiculous to think i may have to buy another, just for the code.
Message 19 of 33 (3,223 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you don't need to buy the game again since you already own it contact CS about your code issue

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

if a game is bought those no one else CAN use except the original owner 2nd/used and are non transferable nor can they be re-registered to another account

Message 20 of 33 (3,218 Views)