Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
apriljcast

What's the best pc/laptop to play sims 3 that will also handle sims 4

Some body please help me and answer really simply as I'm not a computer person at all. I got a new laptop 6months ago from toshiba and it won't play sims 3, numerous people have tried to fix this and nothing works. I am a big fan and just want to sell it and buy the most ideal computer/laptop for purely sims. What is the most recommended?
crinrict
Topics: 168
XP: 4,190
Solutions: 3,963

Re: What's the best pc/laptop to play sims 3 that will also handle sims 4

If you just want to play the game, you might be better of getting a desktop computer. You get a lot more for cheaper money.

Gaming laptops are rather expensive.

You need

- 64 bit operating system

- i5 or i7 with at least 3.0 Ghz

- at least 6 GB of RAM. 8 or 12 might be better depeding on what else you want to use it for-

- a GOOD graphic card. See this link for recommondations. Green across the board is good: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

- at least 500 GB of hard disc space.

Specs for Sims 4 are not out and there's no way of telling what it will need.

The best you can do is find something you like and then come back with the specs for it to have them checked.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
apriljcast

Thank you! Do you have a suggestion of what desktop to buy?
crinrict
Topics: 168
XP: 4,190
Solutions: 3,963

They differ from country to country (and store to store) and since I'm in Switzerland that won't help you much.

Try reading some reports online to decide on a brand you like or go to a Store and look at them and then come back and post your results. Don't buy anything just yet, sales people will try to sell you anything. Do your research and then come back. Maybe you even know someone that could build you a custom one.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
bs1selena2007

I have two laptops with those specs (and a little bit more in some areas) and Its still plays horrible. a desktop is not feasible since husband and I are seperated for my schooling and when I visit I play alot while he is at work. I have yet to find a solutionto my problem and honestly if someone custom made me a legit laptop and guaranteed it would work for all sims and expansions I would pay a pretty penny for it.